Penetrant Stations and Systems
A non-destructive test method that uses a chemical solution or dye, either visiable or fluorescent capable of migration into surface openings. It is used to locate cracks in ferrous or non-ferrous materials, as well as some ceramics and plastics. Typically used in aerospace, castings, forgings, automotive, leak testing, general metal work, power plants, etc.
Peltec Services Fluorescent Penetrant Inspectiuon Stations and Systems are manufactured to meet the customer's individual specifications and needs.
- Rapid and complete coverage of parts with complex shapes
- Easier coverage of parts processed in bulk
- Easily handling of large or heavy parts using optional power rollers, lowerators or overhead monorail
- Fast, easy installation (floor mount or bolt together)
- Heavy gauge stainless steel tanks
- Structural steel framework
- Bottom supported tanks (for heavy applications)
- Protecive hinged tank covers available if needed
- Custom station/tank sizes and configurations (straight, L or U) to fit your requirements
- 3-D CAD designs allowing you to see your system prior to ordering available
Modular stations and systems allow flexibility and layout and maximizing of florr space. All tanks are made with stainless steel on painted steel frames and fit together as a turnkey system.
Uniframe Systems have a rigid frame from the penetrant station through the dryer station with a free-standing inspection booth.
Fully Automated Systems utilize an Operator touch-screen control with component recipes (HMI which monitors each station's recipe duration), have a small footprint and includes the Inspection Booth if required. These systems can also be designed as semi-automated to accomodate budget constraints.
The fully automated version can greatly reduce the amount of Operator man-hours required to run a typical FPI line.
Either system can be configured to process components by the water-wash or emulsifier methods and can be sized to your component dimensions and specifications.
The examples on the right have a 10'-6" x 8' footprint, other dimensions available to fit your needs!
Small Part Modular Line
Larger Part Modular Line